We provide quality eye care, examining patients for sight-threatening conditions and diseases. We also prescribe prescription glasses, reading glasses, and sunglasses to our patients so they can not only see better but also protect their eyes. Clinics are held in rural villages at schools, churches, and community centers. Clinics are also held at orphanages and centers for children with special needs. Most of our patients are children or the elderly. Licensed optometrists examine all patients with the assistance of trained optometric assistants and opticians. During these vision screenings, we operate at the highest possible standard of care.
Many of the villagers we encounter are plagued by chronic diseases and have poor nutrition. Some even suffer from substance abuse or work-related injuries. So, in addition to administering actual heath care, we also provide seminars on public health and disease management. Based on the needs of the locals, we may offer courses on the English language or other subjects as well. All educational services are tailored to both school-aged children and adults. We hope to teach and assist in basic life skills in order to improve quality of life.
Physical health is not enough if there is no spiritual health. We aim to serve in providing spiritual nourishment in all the communities we visit so everyone with open hearts can learn about our Lord. We organize children’s activities, bible studies, and various other catechesis events to spread the Good News.
OUR PROGRAMS & LOCATIONS
We currently offer support and services for the following in Taiwan:
- Rural villages and townships in the following counties
- Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Yunlin, Chiayi, Kaohsiung, Taitung, Yilan
- New Taipei City
- Special needs centers
- Miaoli, Yunlin, Chiayi, Kaohsiung
- Disaster relief center
- Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Chiayi, Tainan
- Off-site hospital clinics
We currently offer support and services for the following in the Philippines:
- Urban slums
- Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City
We currently offer support and services for the following in the United States:
- Catholic parishes and community centers
- Diocese of Fresno
- Universities- Fu Jen Catholic University, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology Department of Optometry
- Hospitals- Fu Jen Catholic University School of Medicine, Mennonite Christian Hospital
- Foundations- Chiayi Catholic Mingdao Foundation, Cardinal Tien Cultural Foundation, Joseph Catholic Social Welfare Foundation, Ocular Foundation Inc.
- Optical chains- Grace Optical
- Religious communities- Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, Religious Family of the Incarnate Word
- Catholic dioceses- Diocese of Fresno
If your community or institution is in need of our services, please contact us.